Fast, secure, reliable and cost effective communications are critical for the “Smart Grid,” an entire interconnected network of interactive smart devices. G3-ALLIANCE™ is a new advanced OFDM-based Powerline Communications (PLC) technology developed by Maxim to meet the requirements of Enedis (ex ErDF – Electricité Réseau Distribution France). It has now gained world-wide interest and is under consideration by the ITU, IEEE, IEC and ISO standards committees. The G3-ALLIANCE specification has been posted for all interested parties by Enedis and Maxim to promote interoperability and open-endedness among smart grid implementations.
The creation of a consortium of key stakeholders in the Smart Grid ecosystem — from electricity utilities, equipment manufacturers, system integrators, IT vendors, automotive, and semiconductor companies — is required to promote rapid availability, adaptation, implementation, and deployment of G3 compliant devices. This will provide continuity among new Smart Grid applications including power grid management, remote meter management, in-home energy management and electric vehicle charging, as well as supporting interoperability among vendors.
Initial objectives for the G3-Alliance consortium are as follows:
- Support G3-Hybrid and G3-ALLIANCE in internationally recognized standards bodies to achieve the rapid adoption of the G3 specifications in industry applications worldwide.
- Develop a framework for equipment testing to facilitate interoperability among G3-Hybrid and G3-ALLIANCE adopters.
- Educate the market and promote the value, benefits and applications of G3 products through public statements, publications, trade show demonstrations, seminar sponsorships and other programs established by the consortium.
- Establish a forum and process where the consortium members may:
– Meet to discuss suggested revisions and enhancements to the specification.
– Make appropriate submissions to internationally recognized standards bodies with the purpose of ratifying the G3-ALLIANCE specification as an international standard.
– Meet with developers and providers of G3 compliant products to indentify requirements for interoperability and general usability.
|G3-ALLIANCE Alliance Member Benefits||Executive Members||Active Members||Regular Members|
|Access to all the documents published inside the Alliance|
|Access to training seminars, interoperability testing events, etc.|
|Access at regular rate to the interoperability tests and tools to get a certification stamp from the Alliance|
|Ability to question the workshops and to enrich the agenda of the WS’s|
|Permanent access to the working groups as active participants with one right of vote|
|Proposal of any technical or promotional contributions to the WS’s|
|Access to pre-release documents|
|Participate in testing and compliance workshops to elaborate the processes|
|Participate in the Strategic Steering Committee with a right to vote, contribute to budgetary discussions and the annual programme of actions|
|Ability to become Head of a Workshop|
|Screen and decide the entry of new applicants|
|Company logo displayed on www.g3-alliance.com and events where the Alliance is present|
|Access to members-only area of the G3-Alliance website|
|Use of the G3-Alliance name and/or logo for events|
|Ability to present the Alliance works at international events|